Please forward this message to any WAMS member who may need to have this information. I apologize if some of you have received two messages.
- We will NOT have a club meeting on Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
- We WILL HAVE a meeting on Tuesday April 5, 2022, beginning at 7 PM at the Baptist Church on the corner of 22nd Avenue and College Street in Lacey. The state indoor mask mandate will have been lifted by then, and the COVID pandemic appears to be winding down.
- The April 5th meeting will be a combination business and sharing meeting. Please bring rocks you’ve gathered in the past year a be ready to tell us of how you found the rocks (and where). If you are a crafter or rock polisher, please bring examples of what you’ve made to show us. We will not have a formal presentation.
- Report from Dan DeBoer on Tenino Rock Show. We need to plan for rock sales at show.
- Business Meeting:
- We need to elect Club officers:
- President (develops meeting agendas, arranges for presentations, conducts meetings)
- Vice-President (acts as the President when the President is not present)
- Treasurer (maintains financial accounts and records for club, including receipts and payments; responsible for payments, reimbursements, insurance, and regional and state federation membership payments, and state Mineral Council membership payments)
- Secretary (keeps official minutes and notes of meeting discussions and decisions, assembles and issues monthly club newsletter)
We have not elected officers for several years. MJ has let it be known that he is retiring from the Secretary/Treasurer position.
- We need to discuss and make any necessary decisions about the storage of Club property (tables, chairs, signs, etc.)
- We need to discuss the Clubs’ articles of incorporation and by-laws. The state legislature recently enacted new laws which appear to require changes in our governing documents.
I hope that all of you can feel free and happy to attend this important meeting. Again, please pass this message along to anyone that I may have missed in sending out this information.
Thank you. Take care of yourselves. Hope to see you in April.