A meeting of Washington Agate and Mineral Society (WAMS) was held at First Baptist Church of Lacey on Tuesday, January 3, 2023 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Call to order: Jim Proeske (acting Vice President) called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM
Attendees: 14 in attendance
Announcements, Old business, new business, show and tell, break, program
1. The President and Vice President had to resign due to health reasons. We encourage anyone who desires to be on the board to please volunteer for one of these positions.
1. Elections must be held at the next meeting for President and Vice President positions.
- The new WAMS website is ready to launch, wamsolympia.com
- New meeting location, day, and time was proposed:
- club meetings be moved to an earlier time, 6:00 PM
- club meetings are held at new location, the Olympia Center was one idea.
- meetings move to Thursday nights.
These proposals will be sent out to everyone in an email and we will hold a vote at the next meeting.
- WAMS participates in the Bonney Lake show June 2nd – June 4th
Show and Tell:
Jerry- wonderstone specimens from Utah that was very soft and some that was hard.
Cassandra- a rock found in a river near Cashmere, WA that had “flash” from mica.
Gretchen- a beautiful stone she faceted herself, and a pinolith pendant.
Doug- fossilized something? Possibly a root or plant.
Becky- a variety of cabochons she made and a small crab fossil she found.
Sandy- several specimens of fine minerals
Everyone that participated in show & tell received a gift.
Report: Nothing to report
Program: no program tonight
Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM
Approval of minutes: Douglas Shank, Secretary